When I saw this TAG done by Tilda aka tildareads I knew I had to do it as well. Sooo – here we go! Let’s get right into this!
1. A popular book series you didn’t like
Throne of Glass. Honestly I don’t really HATE it but I just can’t get it why everybody loves it so much! Celaena was brave, that’s for sure but she’s not that badass as I thought she would be after so many people praised her sassiness to the sky!
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
Uhhh. That’s hard to choose! Maybe The Wrath and the Dawn? I do know some people who absolutely hated this book – so I’ll go with that!
3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with or a couple that you don’t like.
The Hunger Games. I don’t want to give away too much at that point because MAYBE there are some people out there in the internet who haven’t read this series so far – which I doubt…😉
4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for.
Classics. But I want to change that! I’ve got Wuthering Heights and all the Sherlock books on my tbr pile!
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Lord Voldemort. Honestly how could someone like this guy who has murdered so many innocent people?!
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
George R. R. Martin – there has never ever been a more boring book than A Game of Thrones which was such a sleeping pill that I ended up DNF’ing!
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples „lost princess“, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
I’m absolutely tired of reading about these I-am-so-ugly girls who actually ARE beautiful cause evertime they look in the mirror they see their long and wavy blonde hair and their full red lips, they are skinny but have curves on the right place… I know that many girls and boys struggle with their body – I do too! – but it doesn’t help when you are reading a book and the female protagonist is like a model with 90-60-90! That’s not reality and that really doesn’t make it easier to put myself into her shoes. And after some time it’s really annoying when this beauty’s always complaining about her look!
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
The Lord of the Rings – I put the first book down after two pages and I think there’s no chance of trying it another second time!
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer to the book?
Hands down my answer has to be Me before you! I’m gonna try to read the English version sometime cause there’s still a little hope in me that I’ll like the original book better than the German translation – I gave it only 1 star because I didn’t enjoy it in the least.
Okay now tell me if you disagree in some of my answers – I’m sure you do! ;-)
Feel free to do the tag as well!